RE-2104 can be used as a standalone local server, RS485 to Ethernet communication converter, communication buffer, pulse counter for energy meters, digital I/O interface.
The real time operating system Nut/OS is ported on the board.
Nut/OS is an intentionally simple RTOS for the ATmega128, which provides a minimum of services to run Nut/Net, the TCP/IP stack. Its features include:
- Non-preemptive multithreading.
- Periodic and one-shot timers.
- Dynamic heap memory allocation.
- Interrupt driven streaming I/O.
- Sensor Phone
- RS-232 serial port with on-board DB-9 connector
- LED indicators for power supply, programming
mode and Ethernet activity
- Single power supply DC 9-15V / 1A
- RS485 adapter;
- 3 opto-coupled digital inputs + 1 opto-coupled output.
- 1-wire interface for possible connection of
- 2 analog inputs.
- 32Kbytes EEPROM with I2C interface